I am passionate about improving my existing skill set while at the same time learning new technologies. As a one-man operation, I've taken GlowPuff from a small start-up to a profitable business. In the future, I'd like to see GlowPuff expand onto even more platforms.
Mobile Software Developer
Single-handedly conceptualized, designed, developed, debugged, and published over 20 successful mobile games for Windows and Windows Phone, available on the Microsoft Store.
- Responsible for app design and architecture, user experience, coding, graphics, sound, animation, quality assurance, marketing, support, and budgeting.
- Developed a highly specialized, multi-module core framework (GlowEngine) to expedite app turnaround time from concept to publication.
- Implemented object serialization, complex scene management, graphics and animation subsystems, and custom math functionality to automate complex project requirements and greatly ease app development.
- Designed and developed an online leaderboard service using Microsoft Azure Cloud Services and SQL databases, resulting in increased user retention.
- Optimized code for the critical memory, storage, and performance constraints imposed by mobile platforms, guaranteeing a solid and smooth user experience.
- Created customized software utilities in Win32, WPF, and MFC that aided app development and fast tracked time to publication.
- Successfully followed the strict technical and content rules required for certification into the Microsoft Store, leading to rapid app approval and publication.
- Featured and interviewed twice by Microsoft on their Channel 9 DevRadio program, leading to hundreds of thousands of additional app downloads. First Interview Second Interview
- Winner of the Microsoft Ultimate Experience Contest for best app on Windows Phone with over 5000 entrants.
- Featured dozens of times on the front page of the Microsoft Store in various country-specific storefronts around the world, including but not limited to the United States, Canada, Germany, Australia, Mexico, Italy, Russia, and Spain.
- Blogged about the technical details and work experienced as a successful one-man studio at the Did Not Finish blog.
Designed and developed web pages using content management systems with HTML, CSS, jQuery, and PHP, focusing on client needs.
- Wrote a jQuery web app allowing users to select and download archived newsletters using an intuitive interface.
- Wrote a printable online membership form that processes new members using jQuery.
- Extended and refactored older, broken PHP-based plugins for the GetSimple content management system to work with updated versions, thereby increasing their lifespan.
Provided education to and responsibly managed K-6 students.
San Diego State University
Desktop TechnologiesC#, C++, .Net, Win32, WPF, Windows Forms
Mobile TechnologiesAndroid, Xamarin, Windows Phone
Web TechnologiesHTML, CSS, PHP, jQuery, Vue.js, XML/XAML, npm, webpack
Cloud TechnologiesMicrosoft Azure
Awards & Recognition
- Grand Prize Winner of the Microsoft Ultimate Experience Contest
- Interviewed twice by Microsoft on their DevRadio Program - First, Second
- Featured dozens of times on the front page of the Microsoft Store in various country-specific storefronts around the world, including but not limited to the United States, Canada, Germany, Australia, Mexico, Italy, Russia, and Spain